Should You Become A Monat Market Partner?
We scoured the internet to find a wealth of information to develop an in-depth Monat review. Here you will learn more about being a Monat Market Partner, if there is a Monat scam and how to start your Monat business to sell Monat.
By the conclusion of this Monat review, you will be able to see whether it is a legitimate opportunity and if you should become a Monat Market Partner.
What is Monat?
For a Monat review to be complete, it is imperative to explore exactly what it is. This is a brand of premium hair care systems and products available via direct sales.
The company states that they use an exclusive combination of active botanicals and a proprietary Rejuveniqe Oil Intensive blend. They state that their products are clinically proven to improve hair health.
Those looking to sell Monat must be familiar with the array of products:
- Volume Treatment System: This includes a conditioner, shampoo and root lifter.
- Body System: This includes a conditioner, shampoo and restyle instant sculpting taffy.
- Volume Tame System: This includes a conditioner, shampoo and refinish control hairspray.
- Balance Treatment System: This includes a leave-in conditioner, shampoo and replenish hair mask.
- Style System: This includes a conditioner, shampoo and restyle instant sculpting taffy.
- Balance Polish System: This includes a leave-in conditioner, shampoo and refinish control hairspray.
- Men Treatment System: This is formulated specifically for men and it includes a 2 and 1 conditioner and shampoo plus and intense repair treatment.
- Rejuveniqe Oil Intensive: This oil purportedly helps the other products to work more effectively. It claims to prevent oxidative stress, reduce hair thinning, promote shine, repair damaged hair and promote greater hair thickness.
The ingredients used in Monat products promise to be safe, sustainable, pure and naturally based. They state that their rich formulations make their products unique from similar botanical items on the market.
The Rejuveniqe Oil Intensive is a signature product and it is comprised of more than 13 unique molecular ingredients:
- Omega-6 fatty acids
- Amino acids
- Other nutrients
They state that the ingredients used are effective since they can mimic the oils naturally produced by the body. This is said to contribute to the product’s benefits for thinning, flat, dull and damaged hair.
The Monat products state that they do not contain the following:
- Harsh salt systems
- Sodium chloride
- Harmful fragrances
- Harmful colors
History of Monat
Monat was created by the Urdaneta family. It was officially launched in October of 2014.
Luis Urdaneta is the ALCORA Group Chairman of the Board. This company, which was established in 2001, is responsible for Monat L’Eudine Global and Project Beauty.
ALCORA created offices in both Miami, Florida and Maracaibo, Venezuela. It started as a direct sales company, creating different brands under the ALCORA umbrella.
Monat and its sister brands used B&R Products Inc. to develop their products. This is a manufacturing warehouse and plant that is climate controlled and FDA-registered.
The developer of Monat products has more than 35 years in the industry. They state that they utilize high production capabilities, progressive technology and a vast library of formulations.
In 2013, ALCORA officially acquired B&R. Company owners state that this provides even more possibilities for creating the best wellness and beauty products in North and Latin America.
Luis is the founder and chairman of the company. He is a first-generation direct-sales entrepreneur.
At just age 15 he started thinking about social marketing and creating a business from the concept. This is when he started working on creating what eventually became Monat.
What is a Monat Market Partner?
In order to be able to sell Monat, you will need to purchase a starter kid. This will allow you to become a Partner who can sell Monat. This kit includes:
- SMART Start Workbook to give you all of the information you need about the Monat systems and products you will be selling.
- Market Partner Academy access. This is an online learning environment that will help you to grow and improve your sales and business techniques.
- SMART Start Roadmap to help you start your selling business right.
- Product samples: 35 in the Starter Kit, 56 in the Success Product Pack and 70 in the Overachiever.
- Meet Monat brochures that you can pass out to introduce this business to others.
- VIP customer brochures that help you to explain the Flexship service and VIP Customer plan.
- Product brochures that provide the pricing and product information for what you will be selling.
After becoming a Monat Partner, sellers also get a personal website to aid you in selling your products. This allows sellers to market their products 24/7.
Those who sell Monat receive a 30 percent discount on products. This discount is off of the retail price.
Other benefits include:
- On orders over $84, get free shipping
- No requirements or commitments for flexship
- Access to flash sales
- Access to Facebook groups to interact with top salespeople
- Incentive trips and prizes for reaching sales goals
- No inventory to manage
- A white Cadillac after achieving Market Mentor status
How Much Does It Cost to Sell Monat?
To start your Monat business and become a Monat Market Partner, the first step is purchasing the Monat Starter Kit.
Starting costs are often a big concern among those looking for a Monat scam. Compared to other beauty direct sales companies, the cost of Monat is comparable.
When signing up as a Market Partner it depends on the product pack you choose.
In the United States, a fee of $99 USD is required to get started. In Canada, this fee is $125 Canadian dollars.
There are also starter kits that cost $399 USD or higher. It depends on which starter kit you choose.
In addition to the starter fee to sell Monat, sellers will also pay a renewal fee once a year of $19.95.
What is VIP Monat?
As part of a comprehensive Monat review, it is important to differentiate between VIP Monat customer and being a Monat Market Partner.
Becoming a VIP customer is another way to purchase Monat products. To be a VIP, customers must:
- Pay $19.99 one time
- Over your lifetime, create three $84 flexship orders, at least 30 to 60 days apart
VIP Customer benefits include:
- 15 percent off of all products
- Inside each flexship are free gift products
- Access to flash sales
- On all orders over $84, get free shipping
- Free shipping after referring three other people to become VIP Customers
- Birthday gift
Monat Products Selling On Amazon
We do see some Monat products selling on Amazon. We are not sure if this is allowed, but, it seems that some Monat Market Partners use Amazon to sell products.
How Much Money Can Be Made with Monat?
Can I make money or is there a Monat scam? Those exploring this Monat review have surely asked these questions.
Average Earnings For Selling Monat
Those who sell Monat earn up to 40 percent commissions on their personal sales. The following monthly earnings were said to be the average in the United States for Monat sellers:
- Market Partner: $87.16
- Managing Market Partner: $418.43
- Associate Market Builder: $793.07
- Market Builder: $1,009.20
- Managing Market Builder: $1,602.33
- Associate Market Mentor: $2,542.75
- Market Mentor: $4,907.85
- Managing Market Mentor: $9,792.97
Ways to Earn
There are five ways to earn money when selling Monat:
- Up to 40 percent sales commissions
- 15 percent sales commissions for VIP Customer sales
- Builder bonuses (range from $150 to $650)
- Advancement bonuses (range from $150 to $500)
- Sponsor and develop other Monat sellers
What Other People Are Saying About Selling Monat
To see if others think there is a Monat scam, every Monat review needs to see what others are saying. The following websites shed some light for this Monat review:
- Better Business Bureau
- Ripoff Report
They have 4.8 stars from four reviews on Indeed.
The reviews all appear to be from those selling Monat. They identify being able to work from home and have a flexible schedule as reasons why they joined Monat.
One reviewer stated that it can sometimes be difficult to find buyers for his or her products.
Trustpilot is an important source for a good Monat review.
The company has a four-star rating on this website. As of today, there are 1,694 reviews.
The reviews are a mixture of customers who have purchased the products and those who sell Monat.
Reviews on the actual product are mixed. Some love them and others state that the products caused them to experience hair loss and damage.
Some reviewers report that customer service is poor. Others say that not all costs are disclosed up front for customers.
Better Business Bureau
This company is not accredited by the BBB, but this does not automatically mean that there is a Monat scam.
The company has an “A-” rating with the BBB.
The BBB states that they are no longer allowing reviews for Monat because they are unable to confirm whether the reviews being submitted are authentic.
There are currently 549 complaints against Monat on the BBB website. It states that the business has resolved 159 of those complaints.
There are currently 12 listed reports on this website.
Some reviews allege a possible Monat scam and state they were charged by the company, but they never authorized a purchase.
There are several complaints about poor customer service and the inability to receive refunds.
The reviewers all appear to be people who purchased the product and not those who join the company to sell it.
They appear to have an active Facebook page, but no visitor comments.
There are no reviews or ratings on their Facebook page.
There are comments on posts from customers that seem mostly positive. Any complaints appear to be addressed relatively promptly.
The business has 3.8 stars on Glassdoor. Three people left reviews as Monat sellers and one left a review as a former company manager.
Approximately 76 percent of people who left reviews say they would recommend Monat to a friend.
Those who left reviews stated that the support network is solid and with hard work, you can earn money.
There are also former Monat sellers that discuss “why I stopped selling monat”. The reasons mainly boil down to:
- seemingly overstated claims of what the products can achieve
- the displeasure of selling tactics encouraged
- Flexible schedule
- Ability to work from home
- People can make money with hard work
- Solid support network for sellers
- Poor customer service
- Potential issues with the product causing hair to fall out
- Difficulty getting a refund
- Not easy to find customers to buy the products
Is Monat a Scam?
So, is there a Monat scam? There does not appear to be an outright Monat scam. However, the reviews are mixed, especially from customers who have purchased and used the products. Overall, those who sell the products and left reviews seem relatively happy.
After doing extensive research for this Monat review, there does not appear to be a blatant Monat scam for those wishing to sell the products. As a result of the mixed reviews between sellers (who seem happy) and users (who seem unhappy), we marked Monat as Proceed with caution.
PROCEED WITH CAUTION
(Learn more about our rating guidelines.)